Worldwide measurements and tests. Performed by an experienced team.
PJM provides a large number of standardized technical and customer-specific tests for railway vehicles:
- Technical specification for interoperability TSI
- EN 14363: „Railway applications - Testing and Simulation for the acceptance of running characteristics of railway vehicles - Running Behaviour and stationary tests“
- EN 12299: „Railway applications - Ride comfort for passengers - Measurement and evaluation“
- EN 14033-1: "Railway applications - Track - Railbound construction and maintenance machines Part 1: Technical requirements for running"
- UIC-Kodex 518: "Testing and approval of railway vehicles from the point of view of their dynamic behaviour - Safety - Track fatique - Ride quality"
- UIC-Kodex 513: - "Guidelines for evaluating passenger comfort in relation to vibration in railway vehicles"
Excerpt from several tests carried out in accordance with EN 14363
- Safety against derailment for railway vehicles running on twisted track according to Method 3 - Test on twist test rig and yaw test rig:
On mobile test rigs designed by PJM, it is possible to determine directly at the customer's site the rotational resistance factor X and the wheel unloading factor ΔQ / Q.
- Safety against derailment under longitudinal forces in S-shaped curves (EN 15839):
Multi-body simulation by validated models
- Sway characteristics SR:
Method 2 – On-track tests: Measurement of lateral acceleration in vehicle body and cant deficiency in curves
- On-track tests - Normal measuring method:
Assessment of running safety, track loading and ride characteristics of the vehicle with direct measured forces between wheel and rail and accelerations in running gear and in the vehicle body
- On-track tests - Simplified measuring method:
Assessment of running safety and ride characteristics of the vehicle with measured lateral forces between wheelset and axle-box, acceleration at the bogie frame and accelerations in the vehicle body.
Further measurements and calculations:
- Wheel profile measurement using standardized laser measuring devices
- Calculation of contact geometry (equivalent conicity) using the software RSGeo
- Track detection (curvature, GPS position, etc.) directly at the vehicle
- Alignment with track milage
More information on Vehicle dynamics ...
You are interested in further information? Please fill in this form or contact us directly.