Tests of approval for Stadler Rail KISS trains on the Westbahn: Fast project completion due to a digital measurement system
The project at a glance:
- Periods of the type tests: Between 9/2019 and 12/2019 and in 03/2020
- Vehicle: KISS 1 by Stadler Rheintal AG
- Scope of testing:
- Brake tests according to EN16185-2: static and dynamic brake tests and tests of the wheel slide protection system.
– Acoustic tests according to TSI Noise 1304/2014/EU: stationary and starting noise, driver’s cab interior noise.
- 196 brake tests and many more simulating errors of the brake system
- During the static and dynamic brake tests, more than 900 measurement files had been recorded.
- A digital measurement system consisting of modular, distributed amplifiers which could record up to 200 measurement channels via PTP-network (precision time control) under conditions of chronological synchronisms.