Mercitalia Intermodal (Polo Mercitalia – Gruppo FS Italiane) and PJM put the smartest rail freight train on track. Due to a wide range of functionalities, Mercitalia Intermodal benefits from shorter delivery times as well as condition-based maintenance providing concrete and relevant information. All this together results in savings on maintenance and servicing, more safety and greater efficiency. The gamut of functionalities comprises:
- Condition-based monitoring in real-time
- Multi-diagnosis system for load monitoring, brake analysis and brake system monitoring in real-time (correct function of the brakes in terms of pressure in the main pipe, load and cylinder pressure during stillstand and on the ride, brake energy analysis in order for early detection of defective and overloaded brake systems)
- Train dynamic control to identify critical running situations and defects
- Determination of running comfort and running safety as well as detection of longitudinal and vertical impacts
- Real-time trestle monitoring for reliable and safe detection of the correct setting for trailer transports in the intermodal sector
- Automated brake testing system developed by PJM, SBB Cargo and Rail Cargo Group
The integrated in-train communication is capable of transmitting data to the train driver in case of derailment, incorrect braking conditions, brake overloads, hot box warnings, trestle monitoring and any other safety-related and technical relevant problems.
This is the smartest freight train on track, providing many benefits to Mercitalia Intermodal: shorter delivery times, impactful condition-based maintenance and therefore savings on maintenance and repair work, greater safety and more efficiency.
Get all the details on the ultra-smart train including a full list of functionalities in the latest pressrelease: